Search

Monday 8 December 2014

I didn't become an overnight star like Deepika, Ranveer and Ranbir: Anushka Sharma






Anushka Sharma is on a cloud nine these days. Her professional and personal lives are buzzing with lot of activities. On the occupation front, she's most thrilled about Aamir Khan starrer PK. She has reached a point where she gets to work with the biggest filmmaker of our country like Rajkumar Hirani. But, there was a time when she worked with a debutante in her debut movie, Band Baajaa Baaraat. In an interview with a leading newspaper, Anushka said, "While we were promoting our movie, no one was willing to interview me. Before Band Baajaa Baaraat released, I had made a bucket list of directors I wanted to work with. I firmly believe that the film is as good as the director. I remained very patient."

She further revealed, "Since I had no plans of becoming an actor, I had no game plan in mind as well. I just did what I felt was right. Even after my first film, I didn’t become an overnight star like Ranbir (Kapoor), Ranvir (Singh) or Deepika (Padukone). No one put me on the covers of magazines and called me the next big thing. No one said that ‘she is the one to look out for’".


Anushka has also been subjected to a lot of stories about cat-fights between her and other Bollywood actresses. To which she told, "Why are girls being misunderstood? Say, for instance, during the shoot of Dil Dhadakne Do, to me, Priyanka (Chopra) was the same as Ranveer and Farhan (Akhtar). Why should it be a girl vs girl thing? Kat (Katrina Kaif) is my favourite co-star. I had the best time shooting with her, but people find that so hard to believe. Anyway, we are not taken too seriously here."



No comments:

Post a Comment