Search

Friday 6 May 2011

Bhansali takes revenge from Farah by casting her in his next!


In tinsel town, there are "no permanent friendships and no permanent enemies," as per the knowledge doled out via a character's dialogue in Madhur Bhandarkar's Page 3.

In a cinematic twist that will inspire varied reactions… Farah Khan will debut as the heroine in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's next production titled Shirin Farhad, helmed by his sibling Bela. The duo of Bhansali and Khan who've shared spectacularly vitriolic vibes in the past, post the enmity arising from the Om Shanti Om and Saawariya controversy seem to have buried the hatchet now.

Penned by Bhansali himself, Shirin Farhad's unlikely choice of leading lady stemmed from Bela's confidence that Farah was the suitable choice. "The character is that of a Parsi woman and since Farah is half Parsi, and quite mad too, she would suit the role perfectly," Bela is quoted to have told in a magazine quote.

A feeling seconded in full measure by bro Bhansali who comments in a leading newspaper go… "I thought casting her would be the best way to take revenge. The story is that of a funny and quaint Parsi couple. The character of Shirin suits Farah well because she has amazing wit and wicked humour and I could see that translating on screen."

The recipient of his heroic (or should that be heroinic honour?) privilege admits to disbelief when her mobile trilled over this one. "I thought that they were pulling a prank on me, but when they insisted I knew that they were serious. I almost fainted!," quotes a leading journal.

Farah adds, "I know people will say all kinds of things. One of the reasons for doing Shirin Farhad is to annoy them and of course, this is my way of getting back at Sanjay too."

Having nodded assent to the Bhansali project, Farah is going all out on the 'method acting' bit to ensure a first rate portrayal enact on screen.

Farah reveals, "Shirish has been supportive and my mother has asked me to get my Parsi bit correctly on screen. I will be meeting my relatives more often to prepare for this role. Besides, it's a sweet character. I’m not attempting to plant a sex bomb character and hope that I can pull it off."

No comments:

Post a Comment