Search

Sunday 22 May 2011

Kangana Ranaut will be the next Madhubala

A gangster’s wife, a crazy supermodel and now one of the most enigmatic actresses in Bollywood Kangana Ranaut seems all set to play the role of Madhubala in Anurag Basu’s next movie which is a biopic on the late actor-singer Kishore Kumar.

"There was no role that she could do in my current film, Barfee. It does feel odd to be working without her. But I'm sure we'll work together again. It could be in Kishore (what the biopic is named cautiously)," told Anurag .

Despite the director's recent fallout with his favorite actress due to her outburst against him. Anurag admits he was affected by the fallout. "If she had a problem with me regarding her role in Kites or whatever, she could've picked up the phone and told me. Why go public about it? Yes, that was very insensitive of her and it did hurt me. I think she was upset because she was left out of the publicity of Kites. But we wanted to pitch it as a Hrithik Roshan-Barbara Mori love story." Anurag maintains, "We are and always will be friends. There's no problem from my side."

No comments:

Post a Comment