Search

Monday 13 June 2011

Dhinka Chika’s Singer Amrita Kak is Salman Khan’s finding!

As Amrita Kak’s Character Dheela Hai and Dhinka Chika steadily climb their way on the music charts no one could be happier than the singer’s mentor Salman Khan.
After discovering her hidden talent, Bollywood superstar Salman Khan played god father to  Beena Kak’s daughter Amrita Kak and gave her a big break in the music industry with the song from his movie Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya.
Says a source “Salman Khan who is Amrita’s rakhi brother has always been supportive of her talent and encouraged the singer in her.In spite of having a packed schedule he flew down to Jaipur to be part of her recent marriage celebrations”
Reveals Amrita Kak “My voice had a bit of a husky texture and I didn’t know whether it would work in Bollywood...When I was in the 8th grade and was visiting home for my summer holidays Salman bhai saw this tanpura lying in my room and figured that I sing..he started asking me to take singing seriously and and each time he'd see me he would ask me to sing a line or two which was just his way of asking me to open up slowly and come out of my shell.”
And now, when it comes to singing dance numbers, Kak is up there among other contenders thanks to the runaway success of Character Dheela Hai –the chartbuster from Ready.
“While I was studying in Bombay at St Xaviers Salman bhai gave me this opportunity to sing and put me in touch with Sajid -Wajid so that I could polish my skills. I started doing regular riyaz with their mama and my guruji -Sarfaraz Khan..and ever since there has been no looking back”adds the singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment