Search

Thursday 30 June 2011

I am a 'fun-loving' person: Kangana Ranaut



She may be known for her passion and emotive portrayals of conflicted characters in movies like 'Gangster' and 'Fashion', but Kangana Ranaut tells that she is basically a 'fun-loving' person and the comedy genre comes quite naturally to her.
Kangana, most recently seen in the comedy 'Double Dhamaal' that released last Friday, seems to be consciously veering towards lighter movies. The National Award-winning actress, who started her Bollywood voyage with a spate of serious movies, has been seen in breezy roles in 'Tanu Weds Manu', 'No Problem' and now 'Double Dhamaal'.
'I'm a very fun-loving person in real life and comedy comes naturally to me. In fact, I always found intense characters demanding. But as an outsider in the industry you don't have a choice in the roles you are offered. You take what you get,' Kangana told.
'I don't regret the earlier movies I did though - they were fantastic and brought me to this point. But I am enjoying comedy,' the 24-year-old included.
'Also now I think producers have faith in me, that I can do these roles well and audiences also like me in such roles...'Tanu Weds Manu' was such a hit; so I'm getting a lot of comedies,' she included.
After 'Double Dhamaal', Kangana will be seen in another comedy film 'Rascals', which stars Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn and is being helmed by David Dhawan.
Asked whether she was more comfortable with solo roles or being part of an ensemble cast, she told, 'I like doing movies with strong scripts that I think viewers will like, a set up that will deliver the script's promise. It doesn't matter if it's a solo lead or a two-heroine film.'
'Although it depends on the director and how he positions and portrays you in a film, getting noticed in a big cast is possible. People really noticed my performance in 'Fashion' even though I was not the lead,' she further included.
On the personal front, Kangana, who started her career in 2006 with 'Gangster', is pretty happy with what she has achieved in five years, mainly considering that she is a stranger in the industry.
'It's very fulfilling of course to see people appreciate your work, but I still have a very long way to go. It was very tough. I still face many challenges, but I am happy with the place I am in today.'
What trouble her are the persistent rumors of link-ups. After her break-up with Adhyayan Suman, Kangana was linked with several actors like Dino Morea and Ajay Devgn and even Hollywood actor Gerard Butler.
'It's not a good feeling when you see rubbish being written. But I'm learning to take it in my stride. I guess it's an unfortunate side effect of the job,' told Kangana.
And when do you plan to settle down?
'I'm just 24...there's plenty of time for that,' a smiling Kangana told.

No comments:

Post a Comment