Search

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Indian girls need to put in a little extra effort to carry of a bikini: Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone’s bikini act in Cocktail has created waves in the film industry. The actress tells, in India, girls need to put in a little extra effort to carry of a bikini.
“I wish it was so easy and natural. I think the Indian body type is somehow not suited for a bikini. We as Indians have to work a little extra hard if we wish to carry it off,”
The 26-year-old was at the unveiling of the Mélange Cocktail fashion collection.
So what was Deepika’s regime for the bikini shot?
She told, “I changed my workout slightly. Basically, I just had to sacrifice going out for dinners every time Dino (producer Dinesh Vijan) took the cast out for dinners. I would just sit in my room alone and ate steamed fish and not have any dessert.”
After the shoot, Deepika Padukone let herself calm down.
“I remember being so disciplined that the day I finished the bikini shoot and I knew I could start eating normally. He (Vijan) took me out for dinner and I had this big chocolate dessert. Food and desserts, I think the restaurant ran out of food,” told Deepika Padukone entertainingly.
The movie also stars Saif Ali Khan and model Diana Penty and hits theaters July 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment