Search

Monday 4 July 2011

RGV wants praise Big B; No ridiculing tweet!


The Maria Susairaj and Neeraj Grover case has earned the attention in major with Ram Gopal Varma unveiling the 'first look' of his latest film Not A Love Story. And although Varma has cried himself hoarse asserting that his film is not a bio pic, but is only "inspired" by the true life happening, the irrepressible director earned major stares over his tweets over Bachchan and Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap.

The tweets, prima facie, if read briefly and carelessly, would make it seem as if Varma was being sharp and abusive. On a second (tweet) read, however, the meaning, rather the indirect praise would be more clear... although the South director in his trademark style did use a few choice Hindi expletives to get his point across.

"I did use the words that I did in my tweets because I loved Amitabh Bachchan in Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap and it was my way of praising him," told Varma in a media interaction. "Having loved his work in movies such as Silsila, Kaalia, Don, Hum and so many others, I felt that he should have done a movie like 'Bbuddah' long time ago, that's what I thought when I saw the film."

No comments:

Post a Comment