Search

Monday 2 January 2012

Designer Pria Kataaria won the International Designer of the Year award!

Indian designer Pria Kataaria Puri

Indian designer Pria Kataaria Puri


Indian designer Pria Kataaria Puri
Indian designer Pria Kataaria Puri has won the International Designer of the Year award for her contribution to the fashion world at the annual Masala Awards held here. She thanks her husband for her achievement.
'Years ago when I had started to design, my goal was to take Indian fashion to global level... Being awarded with this international designer award means more than one could ever imagine,' Pria said in a statement.
'One person who is responsible for opening up new and various markets for me, especially in the Middle East, is my husband, Sumit, without whom I couldn't have had the exposure and experience that has inspired my most successful work yet. I hope to continue pursuing my undeniable passion for fashion and portraying high fashion as a fusion of many different cultures and ideas of the world combined,' she added.
The event took place Dec 23 and other than Indian fashion industry, it was also dominated Bollywood biggies who were honoured for their contribution to the Hindi film industry.
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan won the Global Achiever Award; Arjun Rampal received the entertainer of the year award; Malaika Arora walked away with the UAE's Dancing Diva award; and Veteran actress Shabana Azmi received the lifetime achievement award.

No comments:

Post a Comment