Search

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Aishwarya doing a fantastic job as mother: Abhishek Bachchan

In a honest conversation with Komal Nahta, Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan reveals the pain he feels when his films flop and when he is not given proper credit for his work just because he is super star Amitabh Bachchan’s son. He also talks about the joy of being a father and about his next release Players, which releases on January 6, 2012.
Why Abhishek Feels Hurt?
“I feel very bad when people say that I am in this industry only because I am Amitabh Bachchan’s son… that all my hard earned money is not something that I deserve. Don’t they understand that I have to know something for the producers to say that they want me for a film of theirs?”
“People who tweet like that or criticise me should understand that just like them, I am also human. Do they think that stars don’t have hearts? It hurts very badly.”
On Coping With Flops, says “After every flop film, facing the world becomes a big problem. After the failure of (Mani Ratnam’s) Raavan I could not shoot for at least 10 days. It was nice that (director) Rohan Sippy understood and cancelled the scheduled shooting of Dum Maaro Dum(back then). It is very tough to face the world after every flop.”

What makes Abhishek the happiest these days is greeting his little daughter and ‘talking’ to her after a hard day’s work. In the absence of a name for the baby, the papa addresses her as ‘bitiya’. Tells Abhishek, “Aishwarya is doing a fantastic job as mother. I think she wants to enjoy every moment of motherhood, so it’s unlikely that she will return to acting very soon. But I’m sure, she would continue acting. I am the last person to stop her.”
On Players says, “I agreed to do Players even before hearing one word of the script. That’s because I had been dying to work with (directors) Abbas-Mustan. That is why when they came to me to narrate the subject, I shook hands with them and said even before they could begin the narration, ‘Main ye film kar raha hoon. Aap kahani sunaye ya na sunaye’ (I am doing your film, irrespective of whether you narrate the script to me or not).”
“That Players was a remake of The Italian Job was such a great bonus since Micheal Kane’s 1969 film used to be one of my favorites when I was studying in the US.”

No comments:

Post a Comment