Search

Friday 17 January 2014

'Gulaab Gang' was my last chance to work with Madhuri, says Juhi Chawla!



Actress Juhi Chawla, who will be seen with Madhuri Dixit for the first time in "Gulaab Gang", tells she doesn't think they will get another chance to work together in future.

Madhuri and Juhi were contemporaries in the 1990s but they never worked together during their prime.

"I think this ('Gulaab Gang') was the last chance I got to work with her (Madhuri Dixit) and I don't think we will again get a chance to work together in future," Juhi said journalists Monday at the screening of Bengali film "Jatishwar" here.

"Gulaab Gang" has a very strong script and Juhi feels that such stories are not churned out in bulk; so, she isn't so hopeful of seeing her and Madhuri on the big screen together again.

"It happens once in a lifetime when we get such a good script and where we can work together with such dedication. So, I don't imagine that we will again be working (together). That's why the film is exciting for us as actors," told Juhi.

Juhi remembers the time when she missed the opportunity to work with Madhuri because of competition.

"There were times when I had a chance to work with Madhuri, but at that time we were rivals and I was like, 'I will not work with Madhuri at all'," Juhi spoke honestly.

"Now I agreed to do the film ('Gulaab Gang') as I felt it would be an amazing cast with such an awesome script," she further added.

"Gulaab Gang", co-written by director Soumik Sen and producer Anubhav Sinha, is inspired by a group of women activists in the Bundelkhand region and talks about women empowerment.

It features Juhi and Madhuri in totally opposite roles. While Madhuri stands for justice, Juhi stands for political power as she plays a stubborn politician.

"Gulaab Gang" is slated to release March 7, a day before International Women's Day.

"I am waiting for the promotions to start. I will be happy to talk about the movie. It was a unique experience while working in the film. I enjoyed it," she told.


No comments:

Post a Comment