Search

Thursday 22 September 2011

Nagesh Kukunoor is the master of different genres!




Film-maker Nagesh Kukunoor, known for his fondness for dabbling with different genres of movie, wants to challenge himself with every single film he makes. For him, repetition is a strict no-no.
'I love to explore different genres. I don't claim to have great knowledge but it is my take and I as a film-maker want to challenge myself with every single film. I don't want to do something I had done before,' told Nagesh, who was in the city to promote his upcoming movie 'Mod', which is a romantic love story between two incompatible personalities.
'It is not that the movie is not working. I am trying different genres. Even after 'Iqbal' was a huge success, I made 'Dor'. And after finishing one genre, at least the immediate next film is not the same. I do something totally different,' he told.
Nagesh made a mark in the industry with movies such as 'Rockford', 'Hyderabad Blues', '3 Deewarein' and 'Iqbal'. All of his four movies dealt with different genres.
'I think 'Mod' is different from the fact that it's my take on a love story. In this film what appealed most to me is that it seems that the two characters can never come together,' he told.
The movie is scheduled for release Sep 30. Ayesha Takia and Ranvijay Singh play the two main protagonists of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment