Search

Wednesday 28 September 2011

No movies for friends in Bollywood: Zayed Khan

It seems Zayed Khan lives by the proverb 'don't mix friendship with business'. The actor tells he didn't approach any big name for his debut production project 'Love Breakups Zindagi' because he feels that the days when stars worked in each other's movies for the sake of friendship are long gone.
Nevertheless, he is ready to extend an offer to any of his Bollywood friends when he has a role to suit them.
'I have friends in the industry, but I have to realize that this is a profession. Most of my life I made decisions based on relationships. I wore my heart on my sleeve. But I don't want to go to a friend and ask for a favor,' Zayed said.
'If I go to anyone, I want to go with a solid script that makes the person want to do it and he or she comes on board on his or her own. That time of doing movies with friends is over. Everyone has realized that it's no longer the industry it used to be. This is a serious industry and you need to make some serious decisions,' told the 31-year-old.
Zayed features in 'Love Breakups Zindagi' along with his business partner, actress Dia Mirza, and newcomers like Pallavi Sharda, Satyadeep Misra, Umang Jain and Auritra Ghosh. The romantic comedy has been directed by Sahil Sangha and is slated for release Oct 7.
The actor, who is actor-producer Sanjay Khan's son, stepped into Bollywood in 2003 with 'Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne'. Later he went on to be a part of movies like 'Dus', 'Shabd', 'Mission Istanbul', 'Yuvvraaj' and 'Blue'.
Zayed tells his dad wasn't too keen on letting him get into production.
'My dad is my most sincere critic. He likes me to be always humble about most things. Initially when I told him about my production plans, he thought that it was a big step too soon. But I feel it's important to make your own decisions and make your own mistakes to understand things,' told the actor.
Now when the movie is ready for release, he has mixed feelings.
'I'm anxious and I have butterflies in my stomach but the most important part is that we are ready for it. So this is one of those occasions when there is less nervousness and more anxiousness,' he included.

No comments:

Post a Comment