Search

Tuesday 27 September 2011

There's no man without grey shades: actor Jimmy Shergill

Actor Jimmy Shergill, who was respected as an anti-hero in 'Tanu Weds Manu', will play another such role in 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster' and says that for characters to be real they need to have shades of grey.
'Get me a man in real life who doesn't have shades of grey. It is how things are in life. If you want a mind-blowing character, it is important to have a little bit of grey area in that character. They are real that way,' Jimmy said to a close source.
The actor, who has predominantly portrayed positive characters on the silver screen, specially in 'Mohabbatein', 'Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai', 'Munna Bhai MBBS', 'Yahaan' and 'A Wednesday', has now become mindful and choosy about the roles that he takes up.
'You have to be choosy at some point to grow. My growth has been slow and steady and I don't regret a bit. I feel my time is only starting now; so I am enjoying every bit of it and taking up roles that I like,' told the 40-year-old.
Throwing some light on his character in 'Saheb Biwi...', which has been helmed by Tigmanshu Dhulia and was shot in just 25 days, Jimmy told, 'I play Saheb whose royalty has somewhere faded away but at the same time the attitude hasn't changed. He still wants to live that glory and doesn't want to give up.'
'This was the most difficult role for me. But Tigmanshu made it easy because he is not only a fantastic director but a great actor too,' he told.
'I go to his sets completely blank because I have worked with him in two other films and somewhere I have that confidence that he is going to show me what I need to do, what space I need to be in, in that particular scene. I just follow that,' the actor told.
The movie, which also stars Randeep Hooda and Mahie Gill, is slated for release Sep 30.
Jimmy also disclosed that he has plans of donning the director's hat soon, but nothing is confirmed yet.
'I have plans of turning director in the future, but nothing at the moment. Let's see how things shape up,' told the actor who debuted in Bollywood with Gulzar's film 'Maachis' in 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment