Search

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Hema Malini supports a film on transgender!

Dream girl recently graced an event that launched the music of Miraj Group’s ‘Queens! – Destiny Of Dance’. She promoted the movie telling, “I congratulate the Miraj Group for taking a bold step in to movies. When two years ago Madanji (Director) told me about the movie, I was apprehensive about the idea of making a film based on eunuchs but now I see the trailer has shaped up wonderfully. It is a different film. Filmmakers should make movies on third gender as well to know their problems, so that one can come forward to solve them.”

Hema included, “I have heard the music of the film year ago and it is beautiful. I am sure it has come out well because I know Laxmi (Laxmi Narayan Tripathi) is a very good dancer. She has been trained in Bharatnatyam by eminent gurus. So the film is bound to do well.”

However, Singer Nitin Mukesh says, “Why this film should be different? They are also human beings.” He even seizes the credit saying, “I have encouraged Madan to make film. In fact I would like to say that I was the inspiration behind him venturing in to films."

Actress Seema Biswas too was present at the event. She told, “I chose to do this film because I believe it is more challenging for a woman to play a hijra than a man. I admit that when I was a child I got scared of seeing hijras but after having worked with the real hijra in this film I discovered that they are most wonderful people. I am glad that the film has not presented them as jokers but about a life that they too lead.” 

The movie deals with the aspect of eunuchs’ lives that is yet not explored on big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment