Search

Thursday 28 April 2011

Bebo (Kareena) and I are close friends: Tusshar Kapoor

Your act was appreciated in your last release ‘Golmaal-3’. How much has the ‘Golmaal’ franchise helped you as an actor and in your career?
Golmaal has given me so much in my career. Everywhere I go out, people know me for my character Lucky from Golmaal. I have done many movies like ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’, ‘Gayab’, ‘Kya Kool Hai Hum’ and others, but I haven’t got this much appreciation for my work from any of my previous movies. I owe a lot to Golmaal franchise.

Is ‘Golmaal-4’ in the pipeline?
Yes, very much and I will be a part of it. The movie is in the pipeline but it will only go on floors in 2012. The makers have an idea but a full script has to be worked out. I have gained a lot from Golmaal and I will continue to enjoy the fruits.

Tell us about your forthcoming movie ‘Shor’.
‘Shor’ is my home production. It’s definitely a different film. It’s not a regular masala film, it’s a black comedy. The film is about the ‘noise’ in lives of people in Mumbai. It very much highlights the spirit and soul of the city. It is a slice of life, a fun film which will make you laugh and cry.

In 2010, many small budget movies fared well and were critically appreciated. What are your expectations from ‘Shor’?
If my work is good and the movie is good, people will like it. ‘Shor’ is a small budget but entertaining movie. Of course I’m hoping ‘Shor’ also gets lucky like many other small movies that have done well but it depends on how the audience accepts a movie. Going by the positive response I got from different movie festivals like Pusan or Dubai movie fest, I think it will work. I am waiting to get lucky.

Do you think comedy comes easy to you?
Everything in acting is hard work. Comedy is also a serious business. My objective is to entertain my audience. It’s a tough job. Acting is challenging and you have to give your best shot in whatever role you take up.  

You are earlier times star Jitendra’s son. Do you think it is easier for a star-kid to make it big in Bollywood?
People have a lot of expectations from star-kids. At first there is a lot of pressure. The industry accepts you but you have to survive on the basis of what you are and what you are capable of. Thankfully, people value me for what I am and I was not judged on what my father is. It’s your own effort, hard work, luck and talent that count. Having told that, I feel it is easier for star kids to make an entry, later they have to fend for themselves.

You are good friends with Kareena Kapoor. What is your equation with Kareena and Saif?
Yes, Bebo (Kareena) and I are close friends. Our companionship goes back to my first movie and her second – ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’. We have a lot of common friends and that’s how the friendship is maintained. My best friends are also her best friends. I am not that close or friends with Saif as much I am with Bebo.

Your sister Ekta Kapoor is the czarina of television industry. Is she your inspiration?
Well, I have my own career plans, and as a person, I have to learn from my mistakes. She is a very strong-headed personality and an inspiration in a way. But, we hardly spend time together. We are family but busy with our own career paths. Whenever we are together we share a friendly banter, we crack up jokes.

Tell us about your upcoming movies.
You will soon see me in ‘Shor’, Love U Kalakaar’ and ‘Run Bhola Run’.

What about marriage plans?
Well, I am single but I do keep my eyes open (smiles). Yes, I plan to get married some day and have kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment