Search

Thursday 7 July 2011

Gulshan Grover and Raveena Tandon support PETA's new campaign for Stray Dogs


Bollywood rogue Gulshan Grover might have been called a kutta by many a hero over the past years on screen, but the silver screen villain rooted for the cause of adopting stray dogs at a PETA event in Bandra. PETA's new campaign which urged animal lovers to adopt rather than buy a canine companion was inaugurated by actress Raveena Tandon and Gulshan Grover at a suburban Mumbai venue.

"I have always been an animal lover and even as a kid, I used to bring home stray puppies and kittens. Now, so many years later, all my three daughters have adopted three stray dogs each. I have always maintained that adopting a stray dog is much more advisable that buying an imported pedigree dog as a status symbol," told Raveena.

Gulshan Grover, in contrast, remembered with amusement his fear of dogs which was finally transformed into love after his son, who stays in the US adopted three rescued dogs. "The first time I visited my son after he had adopted the dogs, I was terrified initially but the way the three dogs displayed their affection towards me helped me get rid of my fear," he laughed quietly.
Grover also raved about all the vegetarian actors like Amitabh Bachchan and Raveena Tandon who he claimed were much fitter and had a glow on their face because of their diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment