Search

Thursday 19 June 2014

Wedding is so artificial and comes with so many dos and don’ts, says Imtiaz Ali!



Director Imtiaz Ali who has given us numerous hit movies including ‘Jab We Met’, ‘Love Aaj Kal’, ‘Rockstar’, ‘Cocktail’, and ‘Highway’, while in an interview freshly, made some no-so-pleasing remarks about his wedding and mistakes he made in his filmy career.

He was told that he looked different post divorce from his ex-wife Preety, to which he answered, “Yes, I am. I had become very formal in my approach to everybody. Wedding is so artificial; it comes with so many dos and don’ts that not only make you claustrophobic but also mediocre. It reduces you to a ch***a version of yourself, you play roles to meet someone else’s expectations. Today, I say things as they are. I’m not hypocritical. I am as open-minded as when I was in school and college.”


Talking about Nargis Fakhri in Rockstar, the talented filmmaker told, “Ranbir was wonderful, but Rockstar was a defective movie. There were many jumps in the story and things which no longer make sense to me. And I faced so much criticism for casting Nargis Fakhri. No, the film may not have worked for her, but working with another heroine who knew Hindi better would have fostered mediocrity. The challenge to work with Nargis raised the film’s intensity. “





No comments:

Post a Comment