Search

Thursday 4 October 2012

I try to follow Gandhi’s teachings on a daily basis: Vidya Balan


On the 143rd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Vidya Balan who was the leading lady in Lage Raho Munnabhai, a movie from where the term Gandhigiri originated, tells she tries to follow Mahatma Gandhi’s teachings on a daily basis.
When she was asked whether she sees Gandhigiri around her anymore, the actress answered, “It may or may not be alive in my surroundings, but I try to practice Gandhigiri. I am not always successful in doing it, but I keep trying.”
Lage Raho Munnabhai, a 2006 hit movie, saw a modern twist in Gandhiji’s non-violence lessons.
“All of us should try to do it and not wait for others to take the lead,” further added Vidya Balan, at the Global Indian Music Awards.
It was Mahatma Gandhiji’s 143rd birthday, yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment