Search

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Keep my fee low, so movies can recover: Imran Khan

Actor Imran Khan tells one has to deal with box office flops and that his way of ensuring profit for the makers is to keep his remuneration in check.

"I have never worked for money, and the money that I take all depends on the film," he told when asked if he has slashed his fee while his movies are not doing well.

"I have never been someone who is motivated by money or will not do a film if the price is not right. I always want my price to be low so that the film can recover. If the film does well, then you take profit... that's the basic thing you can do."

Although he had good number of releases in the form of "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola", "Once Upon ay Time in Mumbai Dobaara!" and "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein", none could set the cash register ringing.

The 31-year-old, who started his career with 2008 super hit puppy love story "Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na", says coping with failure is important for survival in showbiz.

He told, "As far as films not doing well is concerned, if you can't deal with that, then you should not be working in the film industry, because the reality of the business is that you will have more flops than hits. If you can't accept it, then you must get out."


"I am sure something must have gone wrong, but what you have to take with you is a lesson. I have worked hard but people have not liked it and its fine," he further added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment