Search

Sunday 3 June 2012

I am not playing a prostitute in Dirty Picture: Veena Malik





Veena Malik tells she is not turning prostitute clarifying on signing a Bollywood project which Nikhita Thukral rejected. Nikita bagged out of the project saying that she declined the movie as the story revolved around a commercial sex worker. But when Veena finally made her appearance in Bangalore, after getting all the requisite permissions that she needed to be in the city, she categorically stated that that was not the case.

The hot star told "I am not playing a prostitute in Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga. When director Trishul first approached me, he said that his film would be based on the life of the late actor Silk Smitha. He even gave me a copy of the entire script in English. I read it and gave her nod to the project only when I was completely convinced about the film" .

She even told she had not watched any of Silk Smitha's films. Veena told "I haven't seen any of her films and don't intend to either. If I do watch her films, chances are that it will influence or inspire my performance. I don't want that. I want to have Veena Malik stamped all over the character".

Speaking about her role Veena told , "I have been asked to gain at least 5kg for the role. The problem is that for my Bollywood projects, I am required to remain thin and waif-like. After the photo shoot I will get back to Mumbai and return a couple of weeks later to start work on the film. Hopefully, by then I will be in the shape the filmmakers want me to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment